Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Rewind - Part II

On a lighter note, Obiwan turned 1 year old last December 5. I have a 1 year old boy. We celebrated his birthday last December 6, 2009 at Jay-J's Inasal in Metrowalk, Pasig City. It's far from a normal 1 year old birthday but I didn't want to have a children's party for Obiwan. For one thing, I didn't have the budget for it. Children's parties are unbelievable expensive. And the guest turn out would be like that of his baptism, it's not worth it. And my closest friends do not have children of their own or at least not that many that would constitute a children's party. And because Obiwan won't be able to join any of the games anyway.

So, I decided to have a lunch with family and the closest friends instead. Basically, it's my immediate family, my aunt from Bulacan, Obiwan's godparents, friends from high school who I'm still in touch with and their plus ones. Less than 20 people were there. But it's great. I seldom get to have everyone close to me in one place. These are the people I know will be part of Obiwan's life in the future.

Obiwan had a great time. He was happy with all the attention he got. He was his day and everyone made sure he knew it. He hasn't quite mastered opening gifts on his own but he's getting there. People sang to him and he had a cake. All in all, it was a very enjoyable time for everyone.

Pictures to follow...

No comments: