Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hey baby, what's your name?

It's kind of sad to always be referring to my son as "my baby". I need to decide on a name before he arrives. I have a list of options but I'm still considering other possibilities. His name will probably come from the list below and I've posted this list on a poll on this blog.

(The list is alphabetical and not in order of my preference)
(The number at the end of the list item is the number of Google search results for that name, at the time of this writing)

Alexander Del Rosario - I love how Alexandre Dumas writes. I've only read 1 of his books but I've read it around 15 times. I did change the spelling of the name because Alexandre Del Rosario looks pretentious or at least looks like a typographical error. 453,000
Ben Del Rosario - It's simple and no one will mispronounce his name. It sounds strong. It's supposed to be a nickname for my other option but I included it as a separate possibility. My only qualms about it is that "Ross' son Ben" sounds too Friendsy; and when searched, a Benjamin Del Rosario was found guilty of raping his own daughter-in-law. That news may have already been forgotten in 20 years but it's the first search result right now. 553,000.
Edmond Del Rosario - Edmund Dantes is the main protagonist in The Count of Monte Cristo. With everything he went through, he still came out on top. 83,700
Nathan Del Rosario - The name sound cool but it's subject to mispronunciation because of the "th". 104,000
Obiwan Del Rosario - Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ben Kenobi) is one of the few Star Wars characters to appear in all 6 of the Star Wars movies. It's unique and one wouldn't easily forget meeting someone named Obiwan. It also follows a sort of coincidental series as my father's name is Oscar and my given name is Oliver. 2,580

No comments: