Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby Colds

Obiwan isn't sleeping as a baby. He is still a baby but he has a little cold. The cold January nights have caused him to sniffle a bit.

The other night, he simply couldn't sleep and I could hear that he had mucus in his nose. So I did what any father would do. I tried to suck it out. I just heard this from a lot of people but I don't really know if it's actually done but I thought it wouldn't hurt to try. Turns out it's not very effective.

So the next day, I went out and bought a nasal aspirator. It's just a round rubber ball with a spout at the end. I thought it was used for art or something but it turns out there's a name for it. Anyway, after I tried to suck out Ben's nose, it made him breathe easier.

Then it came back and we're not able to suck the mucus out. So I called Dr. Nuguid (Obiwan's pedia) and he told me to buy some Salinase. I thinks it's the fancy name for salt water. It's great how a company can bottle salt water, put a chemical sounding name to it and sell it. Nonetheless, it cleared his breathing and he sleeps better.

No comments: