Friday, January 30, 2009

The Story Thus Far...

My name is Oliver Del Rosario. Since college, I've taken Ross as my nickname and so most people know me as Ross Del Rosario. 

On December 5, 2008, my son Obiwan Del Rosario was born. He was named after Obi-Wan Kenobi from the Star Wars movies. The original Obi-Wan was nicknamed Ben in the later movies and is also my son's nickname. I don't particularly idolize his namesake but I thought it would be a cool name. It's not common to forget people you just met but with a name such as Obiwan, it's going to be hard to forget him. It's also a good conversation starter if he's going to introduce himself in school or office or a girl. He may get tired of having the same conversation everytime he meets someone but it's better than the alternative of his acquaitances forgetting who he is. Besides, if he gets tired of it and wants a more common name, he can always go with Ben Del Rosario.

He was born in Makati Medical Center in Amorsolo St., Makati City which happens to be the same place where I was born. He was 5.25 lbs and 18 inches. He now lives in Novaliches, Quezon City with my parents and siblings.

Obiwan drinks Enfalac and wears EQ Dry diapers.

Obiwan has a few videos in YouTube and are also seen on the sidebar of this blog. Also on the sidebar are baby-related advertisements and a PayPal donate button which will be an additional means to provide for Obiwan's needs. The sidebar also includes a Facebook link for Facebook users. I don't know what it does. The sidebar also includes an option to Follow the Blog to view updates through Google Reader. And lastly, it has a archive of previous posts about Obiwan.

This post is mostly for the benefit of Google search ranking results than for readers. :)

No comments: