Monday, December 8, 2008

Obiwan goes home to Novaliches

Obiwan spent 2 days in the hospital after being born. Those 2 days were mostly filled with going back and forth from the room to the billing dept, admissions, cashier, bank, my mother, office, nursery, etc. I felt like I walked the length of a marathon during those 2 days trying to follow up on things. But everything stopped when the nursery was open for viewing. Then I'd stand in front of the window until I was asked to leave.

Then the day finally came when we were all set to go home. Obiwan will be going home to my parent's house in Novaliches. We didn't even have a place to put him in so my mom bought a crib and some baby stuff the night before he was scheduled to leave the hospital.

During the ride home, Obiwan was in my arms. I've never thought about how many potholes the city had until that day. With every pothole we'd go over, I'd cringe and hope that they don't shake the baby too much. I was paranoid but I guess it came with the new role. Good thing was that he was asleep during the whole trip.

Finally, we arrived at home. The crib was ready and everyone was excited to see the new addition to the family.


1 comment:

ivy said...

wow, parang he gained weight na agad! (good job! haha!) cuuuuute! =)